Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan sign tourism cooperation program in the sphere of tourism
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- On 20 June 2022, a program of cooperation in the field of tourism for 2022 was signed between the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Heritage of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan in Tashkent.
The document was signed by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Heritage of the Republic of Uzbekistan Aziz Abdukhakimov and Chairman of the State Tourism Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan Fuad Nagiyev as part of the state visit of President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev to Uzbekistan.
According to the program, the parties will cooperate in the following areas:
- holding promotional events "Travel to Uzbekistan" and "Travel to Azerbaijan" in major cities of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- holding travel fairs with the participation of representatives of travel companies of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan on the territory of the two countries;
- study of issues related to the exchange of airtime on the TV channels of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan for the placement of advertising materials about the tourism potential of the two countries, as well as the organization of filming programs of popular TV channels of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan;
- exchange of experience between representatives of the tourism sector of Uzbekistan and educational institutions of Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan in the field of tourism;
- holding days of tourism (presentation of culture, gastronomy and tourism potential of countries);
- development and launch of new tourist routes for Uzbek and Azerbaijani travelers through the territories of the two countries.
For information, on 24 May 2022, during a meeting in Baku, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Heritage Aziz Abdukhakimov and Chairman of the State Tourism Agency Fuad Nagiyev agreed to further develop tourism ties, prepare joint routes and tour packages, as well as take specific measures on a sharp increase in the flow of tourists between Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan.