Nigora Suvonova wins three silver medals at the World Championships
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Athletes from Uzbekistan won 4 medals at the World Junior Weightlifting Championships in Mexico.
Nigora Suvonova had an uncompromising fight for the gold medal in the weight category up to 76 kg. As a result, our compatriot won silver medals in all disciplines, leaving behind only a rival from Egypt. \
Abrorbek Marufbekov defended the honor of our country in the weight category up to 96 kg. He won a bronze medal in the snatch, lifting 133 kg. Unfortunately, in the sum of two exercises, he took fourth place, losing only 1 kg to the bronze medalist.
Junior World Weightlifting Championship
Girls, -76 kg:
1. Rahma Elsayed (Egypt) - 215 (95 + 120) kg;
2. Nigora Suvonova (Uzbekistan) - 210 (91+119) kg;
3. Stephanie Espinoza (Mexico) - 200 (90+110) kg.
Youth, -96 kg:
1. Gervasi Tabagari (Georgia) - 317 (140 + 177) kg;
2. Saparli Mukhiev (Turkmenistan) - 300 (133+167) kg;
3. Pablo Medina (Mexico) - 300 (131 + 169) kg;
4. Abrorbek Marufbekov (Uzbekistan) - 299 (133+166) kg.