Mechanism for voluntary accreditation of medical organizations is introduced in Uzbekistan
Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) - A government resolution “On the introduction of mechanisms for voluntary accreditation of medical organizations” was adopted.
According to the resolution, from 1 January 2022, a mechanism for voluntary accreditation of medical organizations is being introduced.
The Ministry of Health is considered the authorized state body for accreditation of medical organizations and certification of health experts.
The resolution approved the Administrative Regulations for the provision of public services for the voluntary accreditation of medical organizations.
According to the Regulation, the stages of accreditation of medical organizations consist of the following:
- self-assessment and entry of the assessment results into the information system for managing the quality of medical services;
- comprehensive on-site assessment;
- inspection control.
To pass accreditation, medical organizations submit an application to the accrediting body through:
- Public Service Centers;
- Unified portal of interactive public services (EPIGU).
The application is accompanied by a receipt for payment of the fee in 2 times the amount of BRV (446 thousand soums).
When making a decision to issue an accreditation certificate, medical organizations are awarded the following degrees, depending on their compliance with accreditation standards:
- the second degree of accreditation - if standards are met at least 75 percent;
- the first degree of accreditation - if standards are met at least 85 percent;
- the highest degree of accreditation - if standards are met at least 95 percent.
Also, according to the resolution, an information system for managing the quality of medical services will be developed by 1 January 2022.